Saturday 12 December 2009

DEC 12

On December 12th, we get two new tweets:

"I saw her today. She is the girl from the picture I kept, but am I supposed to know her?"

"It appears we will have a meeting tomorrow. I suggest we move the location to avoid suspicion."


A new blog post on the Myspace:

"A chance encounter
I saw him on the street today. He seemed not to remember me, or perhaps he was pretending. Autumn did not notice, or pretended not to notice. Sometimes I long for the days when digital eyes did not always record us, but what a silly thought that is!

Forecasts call for another dark morning and I suspect there will be a meeting. I have considered bringing this to the authorities but they would not likely believe anyone could escape their monitoring long enough to do harm. Now that I know that he is the mysterious man, I have no doubt these three could get away with anything."



A changed myspace picture to the mirror image of the barcode on the twitter:

A response to ShadesOfBlack's question :

"So you like German Expressionist films? I love Metropolis. It's a great movie. I still haven't seen The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari, but it's on my list." ShadesOfBlack

"Yes, it's amazing they survived the Apocalypse, isn't it? So much of our culture was lost during those dying days." Haiku

"We don't seem to learn too much from history, huh? Culture's definitely on a steady decline." ShadesOfBlack

A response to GlassSpiderWebs:

"Thankfully I was not the only one to notice that myspace had the wrong year! Isn't it strange, do you think that someone tampered with it?"

"Yes, I know! And today I saw a blog from Heidi Montag - don't they know she perished in 2012?" Haiku

"That is so strange! There has to be some sort of glitch because Heidi Montag passed a while ago, she can not be writing a blog. Maybe someone is pretending to be her? It is strange because I have found blogs from other of personal friends who have perished as well. It is strange.

I recently located a copy of Crash Love by AFI, do you have that one? It was quite good. I don't know how the version survived the apocalypse, but I am glad it did. It came out in 2009, which is weird because that is the year myspace says it is." GlassSpiderWebs

"Yes, I managed to save my entire AFI collection. I hope they will record a new album soon, since they found Adam floating around in a boat made of sand after all these years. It was quite a miracle but I'm sure you know that." Haiku

"I agree. They always wait so long between albums, but I hope they do record one soon. Have you heard anything about it? I have been so busy recently that I have not been able to check.
I only managed to save half of my collection, I have been able to get most of it back though.
That was a miracle. I am so glad they found Adam, what an incredible story, but many weird things happened after the apocalypse I guess a boat out of sand isn't too far out there. I am just amazed that they found him after all, it gives me hope that they may find others.
How has your life been since the apocalypse?" GlassSpiderWebs

"You are not familiar with my novels then? Well, my life since the Apocalypse has been much better than before, as I wrote such an influential work. The US laws against murdering animals came about because of me, you know. You must keep up with current events, my dear." Haiku

"Sadly I have not read your novels. I have been moving so much that I hardly have time to myself. I spent a lot of my time after the apocalypse helping repair, and there are still many places in disarray. I keep meaning on picking up one of your novels but it is hard to find free time, even now. I am glad your life is better now, I hope to find some free time within the next few months though. Our last efforts should be finished here.
I did hear they made it illegal to murder living creatures, it is wonderful that they stopped the murders. It is difficult for me to catch all the current events though because I don't often stay in the same place for too long.
Is there anything else I have missed? I feel so out of the loop, and now that I have the internet back I don't know where to start.
I ran into someone from Berkeley the other day, they said you are in Pripyat which is now US territory. Its remarkable how they made us take geography classes before the apocalypse and now everything has changed." GlassSpiderWebs

A response to deannab63:

"What are the Dark Mornings?" dennab63

"Have you not heard of dark mornings back in the lower 48? It's a weather phenomenon we have experienced in Pripyat since the cleaning." Haiku

"Have you been able to find any traces of anyone in your family? I know you've been searching for them..." dennab63

"Thank you, dear, for asking, but sadly I haven't found a single one so far. Of course I still have my adopted family and I'm thankful they all survived to live on the other side of the Apocalypse with me." Haiku

"Pardon me, but could you refresh my memory on the lower 48 and the cleaning? I have forgotten so much, my amnesia has been plaguing me as of late." dennab63

"Ah, did you sustain injuries in the events of years ago? Lower 48, referring to the continental US of course, not outlying states such as Pripyat, where I reside." Haiku

A response to floralysis:

"Pripyat, hmm? I remember watching a documentary that mentioned Pripyat years ago... something about life on Earth if people suddenly vanished. Ironic, isn't it? So you lived in California - in Ukiah I assume from your info? I had family not too far from there, but they are long gone now. I wonder how the West coast is faring these days." floralysis

"My adopted family in Ukiah is doing quite well. I hear many Americans are having a hard time with our new laws but I personally think they are a change for the better. My adopted brother was assigned to be a police volunteer and I can't tell you how many citizens have been arrested for slaughter - terrible crime, if you ask me." Haiku

Yet another respponse to cheshire66x28:

"what am i supposed to ask you..."

"Who told you? Never trust the conspiracy. Who's side are you on?"

"i am on your side...."

"Good. I think I can trust you all."

0 comments: