Friday 18 December 2009

DEC 18 update

New Tweets:

"Update on the ramen situation: Veronica fed it to basement horse. Guess it's hay and sugar cubes for me then."

"Ok, who ate my vegan ramen?"

"I hope Santa brings me a customized Adam Carson sand boat. And a cuddly snuggie."

"My house is full of death bunnies. They ate all my lettuce!"

New Myspace Status:

"Veronica forgot to feed basement horse today, so I had to do it."


So:

At this point, Haiku is considered either insane or brainwashed.

The whole mystery is believed to be following the story of Veronica Sawyer Smokes.

There is controversy over the infromation under the "General" section of the Myspace that says "©2009 by page owner (all characters and concepts)" because much of the content involves lyrics from AFI that these people clearly do not own.

Now A Message from the Mystery Maker:

"Hello, I am not speaking to you in character for this once. I hope you won't mind.
I will go ahead and let you know what I'm working on here, even if it ruins the "mystery." I'll also let you know that I'm thinking of taking down this site.
You see, I'm working on the concept for a book (someone was asking me about the copyright thing previously, that's why). AFI won't be a part of the book, other than the inspiration their music gives me, and probably a nice big thank you on the dedication page if it's ever published. I quote their lyrics because of that inspiration, and I know all you guys recognize what's theirs and what's mine.
I think I kind of messed up by replying to messages on here. I didn't originally intend to but then I ended up doing it, and I felt like I had to reply to everyone if I replied to one or two people.
Now, to why I might take the page down. Simply, I don't want my ideas taken. I guess I shouldn't be so naive as to put them out there in the first place but I wanted to see how people responded. It's been my lifelong dream to write a novel and I would be completely devastated if my characters or plot were taken from me. I might keep tweeting on the dark morning twitter page. I just don't know right now. It seems like you guys are getting mad at me anyway.
PS: I live in LA, so the part of the mystery with the meetups and people in Rhode Island wasn't me. And yes, I'm in the DF and I've been watching your thread but not posting in it. Sorry if that creeped you out.


Yeah, it was intended to be a mystery. I was going to post a couple of chapters with secret passwords later. I was mostly wanting to see how people responded to my ideas - what they thought of this character and that character, etc. And, no, I haven't really gotten any ideas from your thread. A lot of times you guys figured it out from what I've posted. I was kind of offended how people in the thread were saying how I didn't have any original ideas, etc. Another reason I'm likely not continuing with the mystery.
I'll probably keep the site up (well I know I'm keeping the myspace url at least) and maybe post a few chapters later on. Plus I have a pretty busy job so it might be hard to keep up with it. I know someone jacked my netbook the other day and posted weird tweets, still haven't solved THAT mystery. That drawing on the board was really worth it though - I couldn't stop laughing."



So that's pretty much it right now for Dark Morning Conspirators Mystery Number Two.

0 comments: